Saturday 20 January 2018

There's a whole new season to look forward to.....

Its been such a long time since I have been here in this special little space, to my own little world of craftiness, it looks nice and inviting and its good to be back.
This is the start of a whole new season, and I want to start spending a little time on me (and you too) and enjoy a little peace and tranquility, if only for at least 30 minutes each week.
I'm wanting to get back into playing and getting messy and showing some ideas along the way

Today is the most awful day outside, January wet windy and miserable so lets get messy with these ink pads and have some fun x

Fun backgrounds with Distress Oxide Ink Pads


I have added them onto a Gelli plate, smooshed them around, spritz with a fine water mister smooshed with my finger and then placed my white card on top before pressing lightly to pick up the inks

 The 3 paper prints are from right to left, 1st to 3rd, as you can then add layers of other colours once it has dried.
 Here I have added more of the pink, before stamping with the
Marianne Designs Stamp set

I added colour by painting with the Oxide inks, and adding some shadow with a inktense pencil
I love the colours on this, only fault was I dropped the word stamp right at the end and it printed onto the sheet,(right at the centre top) lightly but you can still see it, I tried to cover it out by dotting some blue ink over the top but it still shows so this will end up in the bin, but I shall make some more of these to show you over the next few days, hopefully this time in perfect condition... lol cant stick a butterfly over this mistake.
So heres to my first post of the year, with many more to come hope you enjoyed it and call back to see some perfect examples over the next few days   
Happy Crafting  julie xxx

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Julie, how lovely to see you posting and creating again! Off to a great start! Big hugs, Jo x

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Thank you jo, lovely to be back thanks for taking the time to say hi xxx